3.09.2010

Fireplace
















I'm not sure how much you can actually see it in this picture, but the paint peeled (8 years ago) on the fireplace and Todd "fixed it" with some random can of paint in the garage. Sigh.

Last week Josh took the circular saw from his HD tool set and went to work on the same area. How bad is it when your 3 year old notices that your house is falling apart?

All in all, I'm not a fan of the black slate/gold trim. Would love to find an affordable solution to reskin the entire fireplace and mantle.

1 comment:

  1. Those little projects always linger! Maybe I can try to tackle the peeling paint when I'm down there. Also, you can definitely paint the screen to get rid of the black and gold--I've seen it talked about on blogs a lot, and it's not hard.

    I agree that the black slate isn't the best look for the room. I don't know anything about replacing tile, but will do some research! I imagine it will be more of a time investment than monetary investment. Some sort of natural looking stone would look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete