Ok, so here's the first hole that needs filling. As I mentioned, I've gone ahead and ordered the Belmont High Dining Table from C&B -- we're actually picking it up on Saturday. But I feel like the space will still need an area rug and bar stools. I'm hesitant to pick up the stools until I get the table in and can actually see/experience the height.
Though Todd disagrees the kitchen needs a table, I'm desperate to get Josh away from the TV (and off the couch!) during meals. My mother would cry if she knew we have become a TV-tray family.
Now I'm just hoping that once we get it in the kitchen I'm happy with the selection. We shall see!
Left to do:
Stools (2)
Rug
Will the table go in the middle of the kitchen? I can't recall exact dimensions, but if there's concern about it being too cramped, is there any chance that you could move the cabinet that's to the left of the doors? That might help with flow.
ReplyDeleteFor stools, I'd recommend backless saddle seat ones (assuming you trust Josh not falling). That will help keep the space more open too. Kohl's has some affordable options, like this: http://bit.ly/9da6Tz. JCPenney too. If you want backs, I'd look for something not too bulky, and either way I think you should look for the same color/finish as the table.
I don't seem any perfect ones right now, but Kohl's sometimes has good rugs.